01 November 2007

NaBloPoMo 1

HT to marramgrass for mentioning NaBloPoMo. It's "National Blog Posting Month"!!!!

The site says:"What the heck is going on here?" you ask. Well, it's pretty simple. You get yourself a blog, if you don't have one already -- and don't mind me if I'm stupefied at the idea that there's someone left in the English speaking world without their own blog. Then you look at the calendar, and when the whole world goes, "Oh, I can't believe they're already playing Christmas music in the warden's office!" you'll know it's November and that is the month in which you post something to your blog every day, in accordance with the National Blog Posting Month challenge!

Last year everybody just went for it, posting thirty days in a row and maybe hoping to win a prize in the random drawing. This year, for those of you who suspect you might run out of gas, maybe you'd like to try blogging on a theme. Follow a news story for the month; get deeper into an issue that you want to educate yourself about; keep us abreast of how your yoga practice / daily muffin-eating regime / matchstick Eiffel Tower is progressing.


For me I'm thinking I may look at the phrase, "You learn something new everyday" and blog what new things i'm learning or discovering, whereas usually i may be oblivious to it.

Today so far I have learnt a new "Christmas look for makeup" on RimmelLondon.com. Which I'm excited to try out sometime soon in preparation for all those Christmas parties I won't be at lol, still it'll be fun anyways.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the madness.

Last year this ridiculous endeavour was the cause of frequent argument in our house, as I regularly got to late at night (or even better, just before we were going out for the evening) and remembered that I had yet to post that day.

Scheduled posting is thy friend. Does that count as cheating?

ruthEbabes said...

Hmmmm, I hope it doesn't get to that, tho looking back I seem to have posted most days I've been in the country since starting, and if I've missed a day I've posted a few times either the day before or after the gap so I reckon I should be ok.... i think :oS