03 February 2008

Free Christian Children's Talk 2

I had seen these images in various places recently and saved them for a children's address idea I had.

These photos are from and art collection called "God's Eye View" depicting biblical stories as seen from above (think Google Earth). The project, God’s Eye View, was produced by Sydney-based creative team The Glue Society, commissioned by Eric Romano of Pulse Art, New York, for its Miami art fair.

The children's address went as follows (again for children aged 3-8/9):

I've a few photos to show you, but before I do I want to explain a wee bit about them. They are pictures taken of earth from satellites, which are big machines that float around earth and help people to talk to each other from different sides of the planet, but they also take photos and gather other information too. The photos I'm going to show you are taken from satellites so it's the earth seen from above, but they have also been changed a little using a computer to look like Bible stories. Let's have a look and see if you can guess which ones.


(Let them have guesses) It's the garden of Eden with Adam and Eve in the picture lying beside each other (if you look carefully). You can see the lovely green trees and the water and even some birds flying!


(Let them have guesses) It's Noah's Ark on Mount Ararat, you can see it in the middle on a little piece of land and the water is all around but it won't be for long, because we know the water went down.


(Let them have guesses) We can see a lot of water and it's split in the middle and if you look carefully we can see lots of people walking through the gap in the middle. It's the story of Moses parting the Red Sea.


(Let them have guesses) This picture shows how Jesus died, on the cross with 2 other men on 2 other crosses. We can also see people standing around the cross, people like his mother Mary, Mary Magdalene and John among others.

This group of pictures are from an art collection called "God's Eye View" and a lot of people think that God is far away and just looks down on us from up in heaven, that he isn't really involved in our lives or the world, but the Bible says differently:
You are all around me, in front and in back, and have put your hand on me.
Where can I go to get away from your Spirit? Where can I run from you?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there. If I lie down in the grave, you are there.
If I rise with the sun in the east and settle in the west beyond the sea, even there you would guide me.
With your right hand you would hold me. (Psalm 139 v 5, 7-10)


God isn't far away, he is everywhere, he's with us at home, at school, in the park, when we're playing with friends, at Church and Sunday School.

And he wants to be involved in our lives too. Remember the passage said God has put his hand on us and is holding us with his right hand? God wants to guide us and be with us, but we have to remember to trust God to guide us and know that he only wants what is right for us.


I got these images from someone's blog but there are bigger versions on Creative Review

If you are using this talk please let me know for curiosity's sake, I'm just interested to know where it's being used.

No comments: