14 December 2007

Easter?

Last Saturday night I was in our local shop getting a loaf and went to the counter to pay. Whilst getting my change out I was shocked at what greeted me.... boxes of Cadbury's cream eggs.

Already?!?!?!?!?! We haven't even got christmas over yet and people are already thinking of Easter? Why is there such a rush to move on to the holiday after the next? Mind you I've always wondered if cream eggs are so popular why aren't they sold all year round? Maybe this is a move towards it? After all they are kind of selling the eggs all year round in the form of a bar (aka the "Cadbury Dairy Milk with Creme Egg").

This brings me back to thinking about our Gift/Nativity service in church last Sunday where in my talk I mentioned the idea of celebrating Christmas all year and not just in December, the same being true of Easter I suppose: remembering and celebrating the gift of Jesus all year and not just briefly in a church service on Christmas day. something I'll be working on anyways.

No comments: