12 November 2007

NaBloPoMo 12 - part 2

I just learnt a second new thing for today.

Last night as everyone was leaving youth group to go home someone mentioned something about the Queen doing nothing and thinking about it today led me to looking up the British Monarchy website to see what all the Queen is up to and what exactly she is responsible for.

On the homepage I couldn't help but notice the lastest news item saying:
THE DIAMOND WEDDING ANNIVERSARY
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will celebrate 60 years of marriage on 20 November 2007.



And elsewhere on the page was a link to a page where you can send a congratulatory message to Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip if you're interested.

60 years married? I'm impressed and inspired as a newlywed (can I still call myself that? and if so for how much longer?). I only hope and pray that Rob and I have anywhere near as long as that together.

Congratulations to them both and many happy years to come.

1 comment:

EF said...

yeah, we'll be ancient before we hit that many years. :)

Gus's grandparents celebrated their 70th anniversary yesterday!!!

i think we'll be dead by then.
xx